Polytechnic courses are the Diploma courses which can be taken after 10th in some cases after 12th / intermediate. Polytechnic/DIPLOMA in Engineering is a technical degree below the undergraduate rank which provide students with some of the basic knowledge of Engineering.
POLYCET (Polytechnic Common Entrance Test) / CEEP (Common Entrance Exam for Polytechnic) is the exam written to qualify for the entrance in Diploma Courses in Engineering and Non-Engineering. Its is a 3 years course.
After the completion of 10th standard most of them opt for 11-12 standard because they don’t have the information. Here we provided the detailed guide on Polytechnic Courses
You may also like: Career options after 10th
The seats are allocated according to the ranks obtained in the test. During seat allocation process, you need to do web counselling and certificate verification process.
During web counseling in Polytechnic/DIPLOMA, you have to select the colleges you like, according to the rank you got, so that you will get the college seat you wished for.
Instead of taking up a job or 11/12th schooling, some students opt for Diploma programs. It is not uncommon to see 10th passed students seeking admissions to Polytechnic Colleges for pursuing Diploma in Engineering programs.
It is said that, diploma course is a bit difficult to qualify. Yes it is but the hard work never prevails. There are many job opportunities for diploma candidates.
NOTE: After this course they can get admission directly in 2nd year of B.Tech.
DIPLOMA/ Polytechnic courses for engineering programs
- Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Diploma in Computer Engineering
- Diploma in Garment Technology
- Diploma in Home Science
- Diploma in Agriculture
- Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering
- Diploma in Textile Engineering
- Diploma in Environmental Engineering
- Diploma in Naval Architecture
- Diploma in Mining Engineering
- Diploma in Petroleum Engineering
- Diploma in Food Processing and Technology
- Diploma in Power Engineering
These are called the job oriented courses that are useful to get a job after short span of time. Usually 6-12 months courses.
- Diploma in 2D and 3D Animation
- Diploma in Computer Applications
- Certificate Course in Graphic Designing
- Certificate Programme in MS-Office
- Certificate Course in Web Designing
- Certificate Course in Programming Language (JAVA, C++, PHP, SQL)
- Certification Course in SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
Yes the Polytecnic Diploma cources need to study hard. But you have to think about the opportunities after the course completion.
Diploma candidates have more opportunities than any other field. Many government and private organizations prefer to recruite diploma candidates.
I hope you find this information useful.
So, are you willing to do diploma? Which branch have you chosen and why?
Please share your thoughts in the comments!
You may also like:-