Graduation is the bachelor degree program. After completion of 12th standard i.e., Intermediate, this graduation degree is the next step. Students will be in deep confusion regarding the career after 12th(Courses After 12th), which field they want to take in graduation i.e., B.Tech/B.E.
Diploma / Polytechnic candidates of engineering stream can also take graduation and they have the choice to take different branch regardless of previous branch in some conditions. The main advantage for diploma candidates is that they will be entering directly in the 2nd year of graduation.
You can take any branch at graduation level but consider the future stage while selecting the branch. This is the last point in education to change the field of your career.
ENGINEERING- courses after 12th
There are many courses available after 12th standard. Most people will try to choose technical field i.e., Engineering. If the students completed their secondary education in science stream then they can get admission in engineering i.e.,BE/B.Tech.
List of BE/B.Tech programs
The duration of BE/B.Tech academic program is 4 years long. Here are some of the notable B.E. or B.Tech. programs –
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Computer Science Engineering (CSE)
- IT(Information Technology) Engineering
- Production Engineering
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Textile Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Naval Architecture
- Mining Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- IC Engineering
- Food Processing and Technology
- Power Engineering and much more
For Career After 12th you can opt for B.Sc degree and the duration of B.Sc academic program is 3 years long.
BSC – Bachelor of Science programs
- B.Sc. Physics
- B.Sc. Mathematics
- B.Sc. Chemistry
- B.Sc. Geology
- B.Sc. IT
- B.Sc. Computer Science
- B.Sc. Biotechnology
- B.Sc. Agriculture
- B.Sc. Nautical Science
- B.Sc. Hotel Management
- B.Sc. Electronics and Communication
Other Graduation Programs for career after 12th
Some other graduation programs for science stream for Career After 12th are
- B.Arch- Bachelor of Architecture
- BCA- Bachelor of Computer Applications
- Animation, Graphics and Multimedia
You may want to know: MS after graduation
The students after 10th/ SSC would have taken Bi.P.C as a group in 12th std, focusing to do MBBS or any other medicine program should consider these various branches in medicine if they didn’t get any seat which they are looking for.
MBBS means Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery.
MBBS is probably the most popular medical course available in India. MBBS course is 5½ years long. The academic program is 4½ year long. At the end, there’s 1 year long internship program. MBBS is the minimum and essential qualification required to practice as a Doctor in India.
BDS stands for Bachelor of Dental Surgery. To become a Dentist, one must complete BDS academic program. This course is 5 years long (including internship).
BHMS stands for Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery. This discipline aims at treating patients using homeopathic methods and medicine. After completing this course, one will earn the title of Doctor in Homeopathic field. The course is 5½ years long.
BUMS stands for Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery. This discipline aims at treating patients using the Unani system of healing which is ana ancient way. The course is 5½ years long.
BPT stands for Bachelor of Physiotherapy. This discipline uses massages, exercises and movement of muscles to treat patients suffering from injuries due to accidents or recovering from surgeries. The course is 4½ years long.
B.V.Sc. & A.H
B.V.Sc. & A.H course is popularly known as Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry. This discipline focuses on the use of biology and technology to treat and prevent diseases occurring in animals. The course is 5 years long.
BOT course focuses on Occupational Therapy. This discipline is all about using exercises, training, aiding devices, environmental adaptation and equipment to treat patients suffering from physical, mental, emotional and neurological limitations. The course is 4½ years long.
PHARMACY- career after 12th
The candidate who didn’t get seat in the medical program then they can opt for pharmacy.
B.Pharm. (Bachelor of Pharmacy)
B.Pharmacy Degree will help you become a licensed chemist in India. The course duration is 4 years. B.Pharmacy course primarily focuses on subjects like pharmacy, chemistry, biology and healthcare.
Pharm D and B.Pharm. are two different courses. Pharm D course stands for Doctor of Pharmacy. It is more advanced than B.Pharm. course! The course duration is 6 years.
is the most popular science course among biology students and easy
getting job professional. Apart from nursing in B.Sc, there are many
other relevant science courses available in India.
Some of them are –
- B.Sc. Biochemistry
- B.Sc. Biology
- B.Sc. Physics
- B.Sc. Chemistry
- B.Sc. Environmental Science
- B.Sc. Agriculture
- B.Sc. Pathology
- B.Sc. Speech Therapy
- B.F.Sc. Fisheries Science
- B.Sc. Horticulture
- B.Sc. Genetics
- B.Sc. Biotechnology
- B.Sc. Occupational Therapy
- B.Sc. Physiotherapy
- B.Sc. Radiology
- B.Sc. Bioinformatics
- B.Sc. Anthropology
- B.Sc. Microbiology
- B.Sc. Zoology
- B.Sc. Forensic Science and much more
BACHELOR DEGREE for COMMERCE STREAM:
The candidate who took commerce as branch in 12th can opt any below program for their graduation studies. Graduate Courses available for commerce stream:
- BCom – Bachelor of Commerce
- BBA – Bachelor of Business Administration
- Chartered accountant
- BMS – Bachelor of Management Studies
- CFA – Chartered Financial Analyst
- CFP – Certified Financial Planner and many more
The other specializations in B.Com for Career After 12th are
- B. Com. Honors
- B. Com. Advertising, Sales Promotion & Sales Management
- B. Com. General / Business Studies
- B.Com. International Accounting & Finance
- B.Com (Hons) Strategic Finance
- B.Com Business Process Management
BACHELOR DEGREE for ARTS STREAM:
The candidate who took arts as branch in 12th can opt any below program for their graduation studies. Graduate Courses available for ARTS stream are
- B.A.– stands for Bachelor of Arts
- B.B.A.– stands for Bachelor of Business Administration
- B.M.S.– stands for Bachelor of Management Science
- B.F.A.– stands for Bachelor of Fine arts.
- B.H.M.– stands for Bachelor of Hotel Management
- B.E.M.– stands for Bachelor of Event Management
- B.A.+L.L.B. – Integrated Law course– Course duration is 5 years
- B.J.M.– stands for Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communications
- B.F.D.– stands for Bachelor of Fashion Designing
- B.El.Ed.– stands for Bachelor of Elementary Education
- B.P.Ed.– stands for Bachelor of Physical Education
- D.El.Ed.– stands for Diploma in Elementary Education
- B.SW.– stands for Bachelor of Social Work
- B.RM.– stands for Bachelor of Retail Management
- B.B.S.– stands for Bachelor of Business Studies
- B.T.T.M.– stands for Bachelor of Travel and Tourism Management
- Animation and Multimedia course
- Aviation courses (Cabin Crew).
As a student, you should know the
options present and go through the future plan. When you know the
choices you have, then it will be easy to reach the ultimate goal.
Which BRANCH have you chosen and why? Please share your thoughts in the comments!
Don’t forget to share this post!
Other posts you might be interested in:-